Our "Living Room" sessions.
They're a part of our current series "reaLife" based on the movie "To Save A Life." Every three weeks we have a Q&A session for the students to ask questions. We have four ways for them to ask questions. They can e-mail the Soul'd Out e-mail address, they can send a facebook message to the Soul'd Out FB page, and then 2 way of asking them anomyously. They can write their question down and stick it in "the vault" (which is a tote with padlocks on it with a hole in the top), or they can send a txt message live to the Soul'd Out phone. I got a pre-paid cell phone for $20 and an unlimited txt plan for $20/mo. We don't have any numbers programed in so we don't know who they are. You wouldn't believe the questions we get from the students. This has been an awesome way for them to open up and ask what's really on their heart privately but publically. It's been really good for the students to hear what eachother are going through too.
- "...for most of us, it is far easier to accept God's forgiveness than it is to forgive ourselves."
- "We become so fixated on past mistakes that we forfeit future opportunities."
- "...if you focus all of your energy on past failures, you'll have no energy left over to dream kingdom dreams or pursue kingdom purposes." (let that one settle for a bit)
- "If you want to impact someone's life, love them when they least expect it and deserve it."
- When we put our faith in Christ, somehow our spiritual debits are transferred to Christ's account and His credits are transferred to ours.
- "Nothing is as freeing as confessed sin. Nothing is as isolating as a guilty secret."
- "Guilt has a shrinking effect. It shrinks our dreams. It shrinks our relationships. It shrinks our hearts. It shrinks our lives to the size of our greatest failures. Grace has the opposite effect."
They seem like basic questions, but given some serious thought and consideration, we could really create some effective goals and strategies to win kids and students to Jesus. There's a goal for 2009.